VijayAnand

Me and my journey through the ups and downs of life. The Downs are giving me lots to learn and grow stronger and Ups are giving me plenty of happiness..

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Success and Happiness..

Is this a blog of two guys ..."Vijay" and "Anand"..? The answer is No and Yes....are you confused!!! Don't worry, I will explain...
 
During the the initial stages of my life i.e. childhood, school days and even during my college days I always thought of "Winning" or "Succeeding" is everything in life. Whether is was winning a lemon and spoon race in Kindergarden or winning the 100, 200, 400mts running race in school or winning inter-dept or inter college tournaments.....I just wanted to WIN. Some times I won and some times I lost.....but failure never diminished my desire to WIN.
Even after entering the corporate world (IT Sector) I was still striving for winning ...either "Customer Satisfaction" or "Employee of the month" or "The Internal Job Posting"....
 
However, in this journey of winning.....I started to introspect..."what am I getting by winning?", "what is it that I want to acheive?", "Is winning giving me the happiness I wanted?", "What is happiness?", "what gives me happiness?".
 
This introspective mode, brought in the other charecterestic in my life that is "HAPPINESS". Now my life is more "Energizing". I am not in greed of winning any more, instead I look for HAPPINESS. Doesn't matter who is happy; it could be me, it could be my family, could be some stranger on the road, could be a begger or even an animal...but at the end all that matters is HAPPINESS.
 
However, this again hasn't taken away my desire to win, but the WINNING has HAPPINESS attached to it and hence its looks complete.
 
Hence the confusion is over, its only one person VIJAYANAND (that's me)....but the two charesteristics are VIJAY (WINNING) and ANAND (HAPPINESS).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPINESS.....!!!
I got that by reading your story, so i think u will be happy becoz ur ultimate aim is that...;)
hav a great life and good success.
krishna

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home